We’re both very happy and extremely grateful to be on the raw food path. We both have experienced a lot of benefits and positive changes in our bodies and our lifestyle. But to be honest we also experienced some challenges too. But we would never want to go back to another diet, because whatever difficulties there might be, the benefits excel them and neither of us has ever felt so great on any other diet. We are certain that all the problems we experience on the raw food diet are remnants from our former poor eating habits and that they are signs of detoxification respectively remains of old destructive patterns and habits. We hope, that by and by we can overcome them all . Years or even decades of bad eating habits can’t be erased in only a couple of years.
We’re determined to stick to our path and we’re sure it will be worth it.
- I feel abundantly energetic
- I gained a lot of self-confidence, I feel comfortable in my body
- I lost a lot of weight in the beginning
- I got rid of all food addicitions and cravings
- I learned to listen to my body
- I can eat without bad conscience or remorse
- for the first time in my life I can expose my body to the sun for longer periods of time (in the past I got sunburned very easily and got a headache if I stayed longer than 10 minutes in the sun!), without any protection. I even feel the strong need of sunlight and the body tans beautifully.
- digestion improved a lot
- my eye-sight got sharper
- my nails are much stronger, even when I grow them long
- my skin got clearer (without any care products)
- I fall asleep easily at night, I don’t suffer from insomnia anymore
- I sometimes experience an uncomfortable burning feeling in the stomach area after eating very sweet fruits (esp. after mango or melon), that radiates from the stomach up to my spine, shoulders and arms. It lasts about 10 to 20 minutes. I have not found out yet why it occurs at times and at other times not. It is linked to my mood, it is more likely to occur when I’m stressed or upset, but it also occurs at times when I feel very much at ease and relaxed.
Update 2014: Fortunately I hardly ever experience this phenomenon anymore and since last year I am able to eat even huge amounts of sweet, juicy fruits without experiencing any symptoms.
- After some months in the raw food diet I experienced some cramps during my menstruation. This went on for some months, sometimes it was better and sometimes worse. In addition I always felt very weak. After a year it finally ceased and now I don’t experience any problems during the menstruation anymore. The body obviously needed this “channel” to detoxify.
- abundance of energy
- I got very strong and I shaped and toned my body
- I got rid of all excess fat
- my skin got clearer
- much better digestion
- In the first years on my raw food journey I had problems with overeating, resulting in unpleasant bloating of the stomach. With discipline and consistency I finally got this problem under control.
- Unfortunately my teeth and the necks of the teeth are very sensitive from my former poor eating habits (especially the consumption of loads of artificial sugars) and I have a lot of fillings.
Update 2013: After a thorough dental treatment and with my daily dental hygiene routine with toothbrush, clay and interdental brushes I fortunately do not have any troubles with my teeth anymore.
© 2014 http://www.rawfoodsandyoga.net
All rights reserved. Unauthorized use of any texts, pictures or other materials is prohibited.